Here, you’ll find answers to the key questions our customers often ask.
If you still have questions, give us a call.
Q: Do I ever need a medical to qualify for a plan?
- A: No. None of our products require that you have a medical exam, and we offer plans that anyone can qualify for regardless of age or health.
Q: What happens if I move?
- A: Our plans are transferable penalty-free, even from province to province.
Q: What happens if I go into a nursing home?
- A: The money in your plan is sheltered and cannot be touched by anyone but yourself. This includes nursing homes, income tax, lawyers and estate costs.
Q: Can I shelter money in my Final Needs Planning Program?
- A: Yes. Many people put extra money aside in their plan to help out with extra costs that may occur including flowers, food, cemetery expenses, donations, traveling expenses, and other things. Some people choose to put extra money aside just so that their family has immediate financial help. However, because of the attractiveness there are limits on how much money a person can shelter in a single plan.
Q: Is my money protected for as long as I live?
- A: Yes. All of our plans are backed by a company called Assuris, and are protected for your security.
Q: What happens when I pass away?
- A: Usually one simple phone call to your local funeral home about your plan will be enough. From here, we take care of all the details and paperwork in conjunction with your local funeral director. We always encourage families to let their funeral home know that they have the Final Needs Planning Program in place.
Q: Can I pay for my monument or marker with my Final Needs Planning Program?
- A: Yes.
Q: What is the best way to record my wishes?
- A: We would be happy to provide you with a complimentary Personal Funeral Planning Guide.
Q: How can I start a plan?
- A: The easiest way is to sit down with one of our many certified pre-planning consultants for a free informational meeting. They can show you all the benefits in great detail, and help you choose the plan that’s right for you and your family. Please call 1-800-661-8908.